Tax Advisor : avis sur KPMG
Productive and friendly workplace with constructive feedback
• Research Vietnamese tax regulations related to clients’ issues. Supported clients to operate their business in accordance with the regulated laws.
• Prepare tax declaration forms according to clients’ business activities. Submitted promptly and accurately tax declaration dossiers to the governance authority.
• Represent the clients to work with tax officers. Supported the companies to obtained instructions from the tax officers to mitigate risks of penalizing.
• Lead team to work at clients’ sites. Explained and allocated tasks to teammates, communicated and discussed with chef accountants in order to prepare draft reports for managers’ review.
• Participated in the projects’ meetings with managers. Presented working files to clients and supported managers to clarify any related queries.
• Conducted technical training sessions. Developed background industrial tax issues for teammates in terms of real estate, education, hotels & restaurants and natural resources exploitation.
I just thought it was horrible
It's not the worst of the big 4 but that doesn't make it good. I felt utterly unsupported. Junior staff have to source their own work which is fine but if someone doesn't like you they can absolutely sabotage you with respect to getting work and if you're not getting enough work you risk losing your job. You need to stay reasonably late just so people think you're keen - I've seen people stay and do nothing, but because they stayed, some how that looks better. Some managers are nice enough but some are just snakes - there are two kinds: those who are clever and can navigate the snakes and some people who progress with no talent because they are utterly cut-throat. As a person with integrity, I made sure I left as soon as humanly possible.
Points positifsDecent canteen, benefits are ok - pretty standard
Points négatifsIt's a snake pit
Tax Advisor | London
| 21 déc. 2018
Great place to work if the people like you
They promote a great culture and say great things, however the antiquated managers who have sat in their chairs for far too long, and resist changes ensure that you are left in a limbo between what comes from the top, and what they tell you to do.
A real shame as the company looks and sounds great, but management do not follow through, and the lack of professionalism soon reveals itself.
Points positifsLunch allowance, promotes good things
Points négatifsAntiquated management, lack of professionalism in mid to high management
very good place to improve professional knowledge
It is a very good place to launch a career for a fresh grad and become a honored professional on your field. You can work together with highly qualified professionals. There is an opportunity to attend trainings, but at the same time it is a requirement as well. You can build valueable client relations. Of course you have to work hard and a lot.
Points positifslot to learn
Points négatifslong hours
Very prestigious place to work
The experience you gain is very invaluable. I have learned to work under-pressure and have fun at the same time. The work environment is very conducive for better productivity. We were even provided with a lounge and a TV for hosting clients and for relaxing.
Fun workplace with a lot to learn
Working at KPMG is challenging but fun. You learn a lot if you are proactive and take responsibility and ownership over your files. Management is supportive.
Points positifsLunch vouchers
Points négatifsWork-life balance
KPMG Luxembourg is a nice place to work and learn.
Job tasks are diversified and interesting.
It includes compliance and advisory international fiscal matters.