Avis généraux sur l'entreprise KPMG
Not a great place to work
Worst job I ever had:
- Management is unapproachable, communication is one way and you are being talked down to, Partners and some Senior Managers have huge egos.
- The work is repetitive and uninspiring.
- Very limited career options for non-accountants.
- Unless you are an accountant, forget about ever becoming an Equity Partner, as this is 100% an accounting firm, only trying to market itself as a professional services firm.
- You will have to work very very hard to make sure the Equity Partners make their 7 figure bonuses, it's a pyramid scheme where most good people are fired or quit after a couple of years when they have burnt out.
- Many people working for this firm look 5-10 years older than they are. Those of you who are still in the firm, the sooner you realize you are being taken advantage of the better.
- You will not have time to enjoy (m)any of the perks you have, as the workload is to big. Forget about quality time with the family, defer getting married or plan a divorce, this will greatly help your career with the Firm.
- Always cover your back, never delete any emails, you will need them to protect yourself when you get stabbed in the back by your co-workers, as they are trying to save themselves from getting fired.
Points positifsOk salary, but not amazing
Points négatifsTo many to mention
Working at KPMG
KPMG is an extremely unique portfolio with jobs ranging from Audit, Advisory , Tax and other shared services, It completely depends what is your area of interest and where you want to grow. If you are fresh graduate in any stream KPMG will give you a good start , however if you have 8+ years of experience unless you are from a good B-school or hold certifications such as CA or others don't step down in this org. Most of the people are asked to step down which is complete eye-wash, there is nothing that cannot be done with a 8+ relevant experience hence ensure you understand the job profile before you join here.
Points positifsWork life balance ONLY
Points négatifsCareer direction missing
Challenges and lots of opportunity to improve your skill and expertise
A bit too formal however a few days in the year employees need an off day. Very risk conscious which is a pro in that the company ' and client needs are adequately.
The downside is the admin to conduct risk assessment keep records in printed form, for archiving when the time arrives.
Points positifsFlexible working hours, anf measuring performance on deliverable, celebrations for employees who have successfully completed studies.
Points négatifsToo much focus on hierarchy which can negatively affect project deliverables. Too emphasis, stifling personal expression.
Great place to start a career
I worked in the Phoenix office -- the partner (Lisa Daniels) and other management team were superb. I was on the IT/Advisory side, so I worked fewer hours than the traditional financial auditors. I felt like work/life balance was pretty good for working in public accounting. Value system was good, comp was fair, and the overall team was excellent. The experience in public accounting is entirely dependent on those you work with - management and peers. Although the "partner track" wasn't for me, it was a great place to jump start my career.
Points positifsTeam/people, comp, work/life
Good place to work in but very poor work life balance
The company provides varied and challenging opportunities at work to its employees. Its a learning experience. The employee benefits are extremely good, especially maternity benefits given to working moms. There is tremendous growth in job if doing well and keeping upto the firm expectations. However being a consulting environment the work is extremely demanding and involves travel and long hours.
Points positifsExcellent learning and exposure to an aggressive business environment
Points négatifsExtremely poor work life balance
Great Company to work with.
- Typical day at work involves a lot of great learning throughout the day by meeting so many smart colleagues around.
- Learned everything about a corporate professional life and how to grow up in the ladder
- Management is the best part of this company since it is always approachable and there to help you out.
- Hardest part of the job is to cope up and deliver the high expectations of everyone around you
- Most enjoyable part of the job is you get to see and connect with genius minds at work
Professional work place with opportunities for fast growth and learning
Job gives complete responsibility of the client and the project even at the consultant level. You get to work with some very smart peers. Since the Strategy practice is new, developing client focused solutions and frameworks keeps the work challenging and exciting.
Points positifsEntrepreneurial environment, Client facing roles
Points négatifsRelationship driven culture, Less qualified bosses which causes low team morale
Exciting and stressful
- Exciting and dynamic work
- Opportunities to work closely with clients
- Opportunity to work on different projects and areas of business
- Good salary after you make it to the management levels
- Culture does not leave space for work-life balance
- Constant pressure
- Long hours: Expected to be available for work 24*7
- Experience is strongly dependent on the culture set by the head of the team and is not uniform across the organization
Productive and Professional Environment
This company is a place where if you give your 100 everyday you won't have nothing to worry about. The CEO doesn't hesitate to take care of his employees health and well-being. The company always hires within for career opportunities and if you're qualified you get the job (it's not a popularity contest). This company is professional and well structured with a mission statement and great values.
You will get smarter
You will learn about a lot of industries and how they work
You need to liaise with seniors to be plotted in good projects
Politics is a little more because of unstructured processes
Very less intervention of HR in internal disturbances
At days lot of work
More reactive than active organisation
Judgmental and bias forming peers since most of them are nerds