Avis généraux sur l'entreprise KPMG
Information Technology Manager | Montvale, NJ
| 1 juil. 2016
KPMG EO was an acceptable workplace.
* A typical day at work was primarily design, develop, test and deploy; then move on.
* What I learned was garnered mostly from co-workers. Off and onsite professional development was meager and of poor quality.
* Most managers were technically challenged and suspicious of the people they managed. Their decisions seemed mostly to be driven from up the chain and were arbitrary. They mostly managed projects first and people second. Therefore advancement and compensation raises were slow, with many years of no advancement nor increased compensation. In my 23 years at KPMG, I was fortunate to work under one individual who was an exception. He was highly intelligent, a great listener, relied on my judgement, was forward thinking and proactive in his planning and execution, and cared deeply for his people and their situations. I sincerely miss him.
* My co-workers were competent and hard working. Relationships reached beyond the workplace.
* The hardest part of the job was dealing with the partnership component of the structure. Partners were, in general, self-involved, uninspiring, arbitrary, and unfair. Benefits were expensive, 401K matching was nominal. We rarely saw any Partners. Partners (CPAs) referred to us as "non-professionals".
* The most enjoyable part of my job was being involved with my own projects as well as working in parallel with my peers whose expertise was commonly and easily shared. I benefited greatly from my close-knit peer group.
Points positifsIt was an interesting job with a cohesive team feeling.
Points négatifsIT Department was outsourced. Management evaluations seemed arbitrary.
Information Technology Manager | Lagos, GU
| 13 janv. 2014
Great place to work with regards to experience and exposure but poor work life balance.
A typical day at work involves identifying priorities based on milestones and clients needs and providing leadership to teams in managing and addressing them. Ongoing stakeholders analysis, reviewing deliverables, ensuring it meets required quality and scope, attending client meetings and project meeting. identifying selling opportunities and so on.
Management was always looking for ways to improve service and make more money. Co-workers made each day bearable and everyone had a passion for excellence.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to effectively balance job and family life when it mattered most and always having to sacrifice the latter.
The most enjoyable was the pool of intelligence and smart people available daily.
Points positifsGood learning environment, reward for performance
Points négatifslimited welfare and benefits for staff
Information Technology Manager | Florida
| 31 mai 2012
Good place to begin your career
1) Company has been more focused on growth therefore has led to a lot of pressure on the management group. Within the Advisory practice as a Manager or Sr Manager you are required to sale and also run projects. Can become overwhelming at times.
2) A lot of focus on chargeability and not necessarily if you are doing a good job
3) Your job growth is based a lot on who you know and how much revenue you can bring in for the company
4) Vacation days are good; you start with 20 days off and then can build to 25 days
5) Leave time for expecting mothers is good and husbands get 2 weeks off for parental leave.
6) Most enjoyable part of the job is having the ability to work in so many different industry and helping clients solve their problems.
Points négatifslack of work life balance; chargeability goals
Information Technology Manager | London
| 23 août 2020
Poor management & aweful HR
Overall a great company to work for however individuals are very competitive and a lot of company politics. During my time with KPMG I was treated very unfairly by both management and mainly by their HR department. However I overcame the difficulties i faced but even 10 years later it still plays on my mind. My exit interview was aweful and done over the telephone too. wrecommend the
Information Technology Manager | New York, NY
| 22 août 2017
A good solid job with excellent benefits
A good solid job with excellent benefits - though, no real career opportunities. I left to pursue a career in IT Audit. I had many transferrable skills and have done well.
Points positifsA good solid job with excellent benefits
Points négatifsGreat benefits but no real advancement opportunities for me
Information Technology Manager | Montvale, NJ
| 10 nov. 2015
Great place to build a career
One can expect to double his salary in 5 years. I started in tax compliance. Hours during busy season is pretty bad (going home at midnight was considered early!). I later transferred to the Tax Technology Practice, which had much better hours.
great place to build a career
Many opportunities to grow and advance.
Senior leadership is committed to open communications.
Points positifsexcellent benefits
Points négatifsopportunities limited, but available, in smaller offices