Avis généraux sur l'entreprise KPMG
Not a great place to work
Worst job I ever had:
- Management is unapproachable, communication is one way and you are being talked down to, Partners and some Senior Managers have huge egos.
- The work is repetitive and uninspiring.
- Very limited career options for non-accountants.
- Unless you are an accountant, forget about ever becoming an Equity Partner, as this is 100% an accounting firm, only trying to market itself as a professional services firm.
- You will have to work very very hard to make sure the Equity Partners make their 7 figure bonuses, it's a pyramid scheme where most good people are fired or quit after a couple of years when they have burnt out.
- Many people working for this firm look 5-10 years older than they are. Those of you who are still in the firm, the sooner you realize you are being taken advantage of the better.
- You will not have time to enjoy (m)any of the perks you have, as the workload is to big. Forget about quality time with the family, defer getting married or plan a divorce, this will greatly help your career with the Firm.
- Always cover your back, never delete any emails, you will need them to protect yourself when you get stabbed in the back by your co-workers, as they are trying to save themselves from getting fired.
Points positifsOk salary, but not amazing
Points négatifsTo many to mention
Administrative Assistant | Ottawa, ON
| 10 août 2016
I continue to learn new skills in Caseware. I have made a number of friends and I don't believe I have ever had a relationship where you don't feel left out or are not part of a team. When I first joined there was only myself and my manager. We now have 6 people plus our manager. A typical day is checking the web to see what work needs done, putting our name to a submission and doing the work on the Reporting Control Sheet. All first drafts and final submissions are reviewed by our manager. All finals are proofed by us and added and cross-added for consistency. My co-workers and I share ideas to ensure all work is being done accordingly. The hardest part of my job is during corporate tax season, making sure all E-Files are done by June 30th, as well as all statements and letters are done and sent to client service staff. I enjoy being surrounded by such diverse people.
Points positifsGreat health and wellness plan, free tickets to hockey, soccer and football games
Points négatifsNo ability to grow with this position
Administrative Assistant | Ottawa, ON
| 13 janv. 2015
Great company to work for
The job was really interesting in the sense I would work within a team of people from different level. I had to prioritise my work and be able to work under pressure.
The hardest part of the job was working during the Tax season which required a lot of work and overtime. I had to provide service excellence for not only poeple I worked for but also the Clients.
It was a very interesting job because I was able to work with different departments and people. Tasks varied from simple letter writting to proof reading documents, presentations, organise travel, have total responsibilities on people whereabouts and calendar.
Over all a very enjoyable job and company to work for.
Points positifsVery good benefits
Points négatifsWorked long hours at time
CHEO Lottery Clerk at KPMG - flexible and accommodating workplace
While I was hired by KPMG, I only held a temporary/casual position with the company for a few months. This job was very unique, as it is only created to help KPMG manage the CHEO lottery. Flexibility is required. My manager and co-workers were very friendly and hard-working. The hardest part of the job was staying focused while working on tedious, repetitive tasks.
Stimulating learning environment
A fast paced learning atmosphere; a career accelerator due to the variety of experiences gained in a relatively short period of time.
Points négatifspain associated with investing time / forgone wages for future gain
Great company to work for. Amazing and knowledgeable management and staff. They really give you an opportunity to grow yourself. I would recommend this company to any one.