Avis généraux sur l'entreprise KPMG (Dublin, County Dublin)
Challenging and fun workplace
• Maintain client relationships at the appropriate level and present a favourable impression of the firm.
• Resolution of accounting/technical issues raised by clients.
• Ensuring members of the audit team communicate, interact and collaborate effectively.
• Act with objectivity, independence and integrity at all times.
• Keep up-to-date with any changes or planned changes to accounting standards, other pronouncements and understand their impact upon the audit strategy.
• Understand, evaluate and test the design and operation of accounting and internal control systems, offering recommendation for any weaknesses noted.
• Provide on-the-job training /assistance to junior members of staff.
• Delegate appropriate work to junior members of staff and review their work in a structured format.
• Provide timely feedback to partner / manager in relation to ongoing job performance with a view to avoiding surprises.
• Prepare and critically review statutory accounts to ensure they fully meet company law and financial reporting requirements (IFRS/US GAAP/Irish GAAP).
Great company with good benefits
Salary could be a bit higher but it's not too bad. Really good benefits. They are flexible if you need time off for appointments etc. If you work hard you get rewarded. Very diverse. Loads of opportunity to volunteer and attend training to advance.
Points positifsSubsidised canteen, flexibility for private appointments, early finish Fridays from June to August, bonuses, social calendar, loads of team lunches, dinners, events, nights out which are all paid for by the company.
Points négatifsCan be long hours especially during busy season. Salary could increase higher each year.
A good place to start your career
I worked here for 4 years as part of my training contract to become a qualified chartered accountant.
It is good for career progression and for meeting different clients.
There were staff shortages at both trainee and management level, so it was difficult to get your work reviewed in a timely manner.
There wasn't a great staff morale a few years ago but it is definitely improving now.
Points positifsGood career progression, good training experience
Points négatifsLong hours in busy season, staff turnover
Not a bad place if you are a collge graduate
I enjoy the work at KPMG. But not the people. They do not treat their admin staff with respect. I feel they belive that admin staff can be very easily recruited so therefore almost disposable.
I have worked here for 12 years. Some of the people are very nice. But not once they are promoted to managers and higher levels.
They can be quite rude to deal with on a daily basis. They do not focus on the good for the most part.
Points positifsgood nights out
Points négatifsrude staff
Big 4 Audit firm
- Audit of large client engagements
- Learnt how to audit a wide range of industries and manage medium/large audit engagements
- Co workers were great, team orientated people
- The long hours and tight deadlines
- Making great friends and learning from my peers
Points positifsPeople, culture, workin within a wide variety of industries
Points négatifsLong hours, tight deadlines, trainee salary
Working with people my own age and in similar situations provided relief from what was overall a pressured and stressful environment.
Work-life balance or staff well-being is not a high priority in this company.
I was lucky to have some positive experiences with my own bosses but I was ill due to stress frequently.
Points négatifsLong hours, bad management, stressful
Exciting, vibrant workplace
I spent a week in the Actuarial Department during my Transition Year Work Experience. I was Work shadowing various people, all were very accommodating and developed my interest in this area. They helped me to understand things I was unsure of and gave me meaningful tasks.
Points positifsGood pay, interesting work, excellent location.
Points négatifsLong hours
Excellent place to work. Worked for 6 years as PA/Sec in a busy department for 7 people directly but to entire department as whole when necessary (around 40 people). Typing, diary management, travel arrangements, email maintenance, file maintenance, powerpoint presentations, printing and preparing reports. Using MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint daily.
Skills & Culture
This company adapts a very supportive culture that encourages innovation, progression and learning. I developed new communication and IT skills within this company that I can carry further in my career. I admire the hard-working culture they encourage, where time and effort is always rewarded and morale is high.
Highly motivating and learning Environment
As i worked in Agile project , my day used to start with stand up meetings with UAT team followed by Development team so as to mark up the daily progress on the system development.
I leaned to coordinate, plan and negotiation with development and stakeholders to bring efficiency in the process.