A typical day at work as as Recruitment Coordinator would involve screening a large number of applications (forms, online tests and digital submissions), answering student enquiries over the telephone, managing the graduate inbox queries and assisting with pipeline management (including communication with the candidates.) I would also do a number of admin jobs for example collating information for events and interviews, booking interviewers, rooms and refreshments and coordinating assessment days.
I learned about employment legislation regarding the right to work in the UK and how to deal with visa queries, how to screen and manage applications using a tracking system and how to process candidate expenses using SAP. I analysed data relating to which universities students applied from and the courses they studied and saw how this affected the overall outcome of the companies recruitment strategies.
The workplace culture was relaxed and sociable, the managers were always on hand if I needed support, despite the remote working situation. The managers were friendly and approachable.
The hardest part of the job was learning the complex applicant tracking system, but this was also the most rewarding having mastered many of its functions during my time as a Recruitment Coordinator.
The most enjoyable part of the job was attending recruitment events and presentations to promote the company to school leavers and under-graduates. I enjoyed interacting with the students a
My experience at KPMG includes:-
• Planning and developing audit scope, objectives and program using risk and control based auditing techniques, along with walkthroughs and review of client's operating and accounting procedures;
• Managing multiple engagements with various deadlines from planning to completion, including reviewing and assessing the integrity of client accounting processes and control environment;
• Reviewing audited working papers, consulted with the Department of Professional Practice on technical accounting and auditing issues;
• Performing detailed analysis of client balance sheet and profit and loss to budget and analysing significant variances;
• Supervising of up to 4 team members from junior level up to the senior level to resolved problems and achieve reporting deadline;
• Performing risk assessments, data analytics and financial review. Complied and present findings and suggested practical business improvement;
• Monitoring Job Progress Report to ensure that any potential over-runs are captured and addressed in a timely manner.
Points positifsFree Lunches
Points négatifsLong hours and below the market pay for Qualified Accountants
I currently work as a Team Secretary. I enjoy working at KPMG, but will soon be coming to the end of my fix term contract.
Since joining I have gained experience in internal and external events orgaising seminars/meetings and events for upto 500 people.
Work Experience Placement | Bristol | 3 juil. 2017
Was only here on a one week work experience placement where I shadowed an internal audit partner and it was a wonderful place to be. The staff were incredibly friendly and kind, I thoroughly enjoyed myself there.